The following containers are available for District residents at the District Office.
New residents to the District are allowed up to two free blue bins for recycling. Replacement bins are $5 each. For businesses requesting more than two, each additional blue bin is $5.
The District sells Kitchen Collectors for $5. These small pails for collecting food scraps are dishwasher safe and can be kept in your fridge or freezer to minimize odors. Features:
- Durable, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Lid opens and latches closed easily with one hand
- Lid locks in open position for easier filling
- Lid perforations allow venting but stop insects
- Ergonomic handle and back grip for easy use
- Wide opening allows easy scraping of plates
The District offers 5-gallon food scrap buckets to residents who will be disposing of their food scraps at their local town drop-off. These buckets are free.
The District offers businesses free 4-gallon buckets for food scrap diversion. These buckets are sized appropriately for commercial dishwashers.
For those interested in backyard composting, the District sells backyard composting units for $45. For information on getting started with composting (or learning how to compost better to reduce odors), the District is offers free home composting workshops to residents.
- 28"w x 28"d x 32"h
- Holds 11.4 cubic feet
- Made from sturdy recycled plastic
- Keeps most animals out
- Removable convenient locking lid
- Easy assembly