Kitchen Collectors are used to collect food scraps. Each collector is $6. They can be stored in the fridge or freezer to prevent odors from developing.
- Durable, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Lid latches upright and closed
- Perforations in the lid prevent insects from getting in
- Ergonomic handle
- Wide opening allows easy scraping of plates
- Size: 1.9 gallons
Great for families who generate more food scraps or residents and businesses who want to take out their food waste less often. Each bucket is $5.
- 5 gallon bucket with lid
- Lid is easy to remove and seals closed
In addition to 5 gallon food scrap buckets, the District sells 4 gallon buckets. These buckets are well suited for use in resturants and other food service settings because they are more appropriately sized for cleaning in commercial dishwashers. Each bucket is $7.
These backyard composters are $55 each. For information on getting started with backyard composting, the District is offers free home composting workshops. These composters are not bear-proof. It is important to follow best practices for composting to reduce the liklihood of attracting wildlife to a compost pile.
- 28"w x 28"d x 32"h
- Holds 11.4 cubic feet
- Made from sturdy, recycled plastic
- Removable, convenient locking lid
- Easy assembly, lightweight design