The following containers are available for District residents at the District Office.
New residents to the District are allowed up to two free blue bins for recycling. Replacement bins are $5 each. For businesses requesting more than two, each additional blue bin is $5.
The District sells Kitchen Collectors for $5. These small pails for collecting food scraps are dishwasher safe and can be kept in your fridge or freezer to minimize odors. Features:
- Durable, dishwasher-safe, and easy to clean
- Lid opens and latches closed easily with one hand
- Lid locks in open position for easier filling
- Lid perforations allow venting but stop insects
- Ergonomic handle and back grip for easy use
- Wide opening allows easy scraping of plates
The District offers 5-gallon food scrap buckets to residents who will be disposing of their food scraps at their local town drop-off. These buckets are free.
The District offers businesses free 4-gallon buckets for food scrap diversion. These buckets are sized appropriately for commercial dishwashers.
For those interested in backyard composting, the District sells backyard composting units for $45. For information on getting started with composting (or learning how to compost better to reduce odors), the District is offering free workshops to residents this spring. See Home Composting Workshops for more information. Workshop participants will receive a $10 discount on SoilSaver compost bins.
- 28"w x 28"d x 32"h
- Holds 11.4 cubic feet
- Made from sturdy recycled plastic
- Keeps most animals out
- Removable convenient locking lid
- Easy assembly