Vehicles requiring only a scale weight are charged $5.00 per weigh.
The District Transfer Station accepts credit cards, cash, and checks.
View our 2020 Adopted Rate Sheet (PDF).
A fee of $34.00/ton is charged on all municipal solid waste (MSW) and construction and demolition debris (C&D) generated in the District that is destined for disposal (this fee is included in the Transfer Station MSW and C&D rate listed below), and $10/ton on contaminated soils approved by the Agency of Natural Resources for use as alternative daily cover.
A $1.00 admin fee is charged on all monetary transactions in addition to the rates listed below.
- Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $128 per ton
- Minimum Fee - Minimum Load Size - ½ ton for MSW only: $64
- Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $7 per load
- Refrigerator, freezer, window A/C, water fountain, vending machine, dehumidifier: $10 each
- Commercial-Grade A/C units & outdoor residential A/C units: At Cost
Furnace, washer, dryer, hot water heater, stove, dishwasher, microwave, woodstove, etc.: no charge
Non-Friable (packaging requirements apply): $250 per ton
Wood: $1 per load
- Coming soon: collection program is still under construction.
- Wet-cell, automotive: No Charge
- Small dry-cell, cell phones, rechargeable, button cell, lithium, lithium ion, NiMH, NiCad: No Charge
Hard and soft cover
- Residential: $1 per load
- Business: $5 per load
brush, branches; cut into 16-inch logs if greater than 6-inch diameter
- Residential, small car only: $2.50 per load
- Residential, regular pick-up truck or small trailer: $5 per load
- Trucks (larger than pick-up truck), & ALL commercial loads: $50 per ton
- Mulch loading assistance (upon request): $5 per scoop
- Large quantities call ahead
- No charge
Reusable lumber, doors, fixtures, windows, etc.: No Charge
Secure Destruction, small amounts only: No charge
Items where ‟or no charge” is indicated may be covered by Vermont E-Waste Law — No charge for households, 501(c)(3) charities, school districts, small businesses (10 or fewer employees) OR 7 or fewer covered items per visit.
- Large items or quantities charged by weight at the discretion of the scalehouse operator: $0.23 per lb.
- Computers, whole systems (includes everything): $11 each (or no charge)
- Computers, by piece (monitor or CPU or printer): $6 per piece (or no charge)
- Televisions (regular size): $7 each (or no charge)
- Televisions (console size): $15 each (or no charge)
- Desktop Photocopier: $11 per piece
- Small Electronics (Fax, VCR, DVD/CD, Stereo, Telephones, etc.): $2.50 per piece
- Mixed Bag (cords, adapters, CDs, tapes, cassettes, DVDs, chips, cards - grocery bag size): $5 per bag
- Items must meet acceptance criteria
- Residential: No charge
- Business (limit 1 cubic yard per week): $10 per load
- Business only, baled: $50 per bale
Greater than 5 lbs: $5 each
Items where ‟or no charge” is indicated may be covered by Vermont Mercury Lamp Law — No charge for general purpose mercury bulbs, 10 or fewer per day.
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps: No Charge
- U-Tube, Circular or Straight Tubes 4 ft. or shorter: $0.35 each (or no charge)
- Straight Tubes longer than 4 ft: $0.60 each (or no charge)
- HID Lamps: $1 each (or no charge)
- UV, Neon or other Specialty Lamps: $1.95 each
- Residential only: No Charge
- Business, containers up to 5-gal: $1.25 each
- Business, 35-gallon container: $11 each
- Business, 48-gallon container: $15 each
- Residential (including all paint): No Charge
- Business, CEG (including all paint) Must schedule appointment date/time: Actual Cost + $5 Fee (Under Vermont Paint Law — No charge for architectural paint. The $5-per-visit admin fee will be waived on paint-only loads.)
- Grass clippings, leaves, small twigs — 3 cubic yards or less: $1 per load
- Over 3 cubic yards: $10 per load
Containing PCBs: $2.25 each
Call for acceptance guidelines; by appointment only
- Loads with fittings removed: No Charge
- Loads with fittings still attached: $20 per cubic yard
Intact thermometers, thermostats, etc.: No Charge
- Residential, uncontaminated only, 10 ga. or less per day: No Charge
- Business any amount or Residential greater than 10 gal, uncontaminated only, drums by appointment: $0.30 per gallon
- Residential: No Charge
- Business: Individual filters: $0.25 each
- Business: 5-gallon pail full (crushed or uncrushed): $7 per pail
- Business: 55-gallon drum full (crushed or uncrushed): $70 per drum
- 1-lb (Residential): No Charge
- 1-lb (Business): $1 each
- 20-lb or larger (grill size, resident or business): $3 each
- Single Stream Recyclables from Commercial Haulers: $120 per ton
- Single Stream self-hauled from Businesses, 1 cubic yard or less: $9 per load
- Single Stream self-hauled from Businesses greater than 1 cubic yard: $120 per ton
The Reuse It or Lose It! sheds are closed until further notice.
$15 per cubic yard
- Must be clean, dry, and in bags
- No Charge
- Passenger Tires: $2.25 each
- Large Truck Tires: $8 each
- Agricultural Tires: $50 each
- Earthmoving Tires, Extra Large Tires, Large Quantities of Tires: $0.08 per pound