The organizations listed below accepted donations of edible food in Addison County.
Bristol Have-A-Heart Community Food Shelf
The Bristol Have-A-Heart Community Food Shelf provides a community meal and packed bags for neighbors in need on the third Friday of evey month, usually. Look for a sign in front of the St. Ambrose Church the week of, announcing the Friday food shelf. Food shelf hours are 5 to 6:30 p.m. Donations can be dropped off on the Rectory porch at anytime. For donations of perishable foods, such as garden produce, or large donations, contact Kathy directly.
- Address: St.Ambrose Catholic Church, 11 School St. Bristol, VT 05443
- Contact: Kathy Burritt, kathy05443@, (802) 349-8530 gmail.com
HOPE - Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects Food Shelf
HOPE provides community-based poverty relief services to Addison County residents. Programs include a food shelf, a farmer supported produce gleaning operation, low-income housing development, and Retro-Works, a charity resale shop and warehouse. They accept donations from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m on Monday through Friday. Please call before you plan to drop off food donations.To reduce the amount of contact with others over the holidays HOPE is also allowing individuals to make monetary donations towards food items on their website.
- Website: www.hope-vt.org/food-shelf
- Address: 282 Boardman Street, Middlebury, VT 05753
- Phone: (802) 388-3608
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HOPEMiddleburyVT/
Quin-Town Senior Center
Quin-Town Center for Senior Citizens is open 2 days a week, Wedsesday and Friday for community meals. Along with the seniors, the community is encouraged to join for meals. They open at 10 a.m., serve lunch promptly at noon, and close at 1 p.m.
- Address: 1097 Route 100, Hancock, VT 05748
- Contact: Jodie Troumbley, quintownsnrctr@, (802) 767-3763 myfairpoint.net
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Quin-Town-Center-for-Seniors-312220848839538
Starksboro Food Shelf
The Starksboro Food Shelf is open for food donations on the second Wednesday of every month from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., as well as the following Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. At this time they are only accepting donations from Starksboro residents. Find them located across from the Starksboro Post Office in the old town office building, just off Route 116. A food donation drop-off box is located just outside their door to place your donations in.
- Contact: Barbara Herrington, (802) 453-6775, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Giving Fridge
The Giving Fridge provides for individuals and families in need in Addison County with healthy, local produce. While the Giving Fridge does not take food donations directly, individuals are invited to give monetary donations. Visit their website to learn more about how to donate or volunteer.
Vergennes Congregational Church Food Shelf
Donation hours are during food shelf hours which occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2 to 4 p.m. and Saturdays 8 to 10 a.m. Contact Mike to donate outside of those hours. Acceptable donations include non-perishable foods. Please no open packages or frozen meat.
- Website: www.vergennesucc.org/
- Address: 30 South Water St., Vergennes
- Contact: Mike O'Daniel, (802) 877-2435
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/vergennesucc/
Victory Baptist Church Food Pantry
Victory Baptist Church provides a food pantry for the Vergennes area. Food bank operations are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; donations welcome anytime between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call before you plan to drop off food donations.
- Website: victoryvt.org
- Address: 3862 US Route 7, Vergennes, VT 05491
- Contact: Tim Taylor or John Coffman, email@example.com, (802) 877-3393
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Victory-Baptist-Church/236006553081503
Vermont Food Bank
Each year, food producers and retailers provide the Foodbank with millions of pounds of food for distribution to our neighbors in need. The Vermont Food Bank does not take food donations directly from individuals. Instead individuals are invited to make monetary donations or volunteer to pack or distribute food on their behalf.