The organizations listed below accepted donations of edible food in Addison County.
Bristol Have-A-Heart Community Food Shelf
The Bristol Have-A-Heart Community Food Shelf provides a community meal and packed bags for neighbors in need on the third Friday of evey month, usually. Look for a sign in front of the St. Ambrose Church the week of, announcing the Friday food shelf. Food shelf hours are 5 to 6:30 p.m. Donations can be dropped off on the Rectory porch at anytime. For donations of perishable foods, such as garden produce, or large donations, contact Kathy directly.
- Address: St.Ambrose Catholic Church, 11 School St. Bristol, VT 05443
- Contact: Kathy Burritt, kathy05443@, (802) 349-8530 gmail.com
HOPE - Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects Food Shelf
HOPE provides community-based poverty relief services to Addison County residents. Programs include a food shelf, a farmer supported produce gleaning operation, low-income housing development, and Retro-Works, a charity resale shop and warehouse. They accept donations from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call before you plan to drop off food donations.
- Website: www.hope-vt.org
- Address: 282 Boardman Street, Middlebury, VT 05753
- Contact: Lily Bradburn, lbradburn@, (802) 388-3608 hope-vt.org
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HOPEMiddleburyVT/
Quin-Town Senior Center
Quin-Town Center for Senior Citizens is open 3 days a week, Monday, Wedsesday and Friday for community meals. Along with the seniors, the community is encouraged to join for meals. They open at 10 a.m., serve lunch promptly at noon, and close at 1 p.m.
- Address: 1097 Route 100, Hancock, VT 05748
- Contact: Jodie Troumbley, quintownsnrctr@, (802) 767-3763 myfairpoint.net
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Quin-Town-Center-for-Seniors-312220848839538/?fref=ts
Vergennes Congregational Church Food Shelf
Donation hours are during food shelf hours which occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2 to 4 p.m. and Saturdays 8 to 10 a.m. Contact Mike to donate outside of those hours. Acceptable donations include non-perishable foods. Please no open packages or frozen meat.
- Website: https://www.vergennesucc.org/
- Address: 30 South Water St., Vergennes
- Contact: Mike O'Daniel, (802) 877-2435
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vergennesucc/
Victory Baptist Church Food Pantry
Victory Baptist Church provides a food pantry for the Vergennes area. Food bank operations are from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; donations welcome anytime between 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call before you plan to drop off food donations.
- Website: victoryvt.org
- Address: 3862 US Route 7, Vergennes, VT 05491
- Contact: Tim Taylor or Racheal Boyce, firstname.lastname@example.org, (802) 877-3393
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victory-Baptist-Church/236006553081503
Vermont Food Bank
Each year, food producers and retailers provide the Foodbank with millions of pounds of food for distribution to our neighbors in need.