Main content


Disposal Options

Ammunition, such as bullets and shotgun shells, is not accepted at the District Transfer Station. Unwanted ammunition should be discharged safely or taken to a local gun shop.

The following retailers accept unused bullets, shells and gunpowder from the public: 

- Dattilio's Discount Guns & Tackle, 794 Shelburne Road, South Burlington (802) 862-5516 

- North Star Guns, 3214 East Main Street, Richmond, VT (802) 434-8400


Fees vary for disposal options; please contact the companies directly for a quote.


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.