Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance.
There are several ways to dispose of a deceased pets or dead animals:
- Bury the animal on your property or check with your veterinarian to see if they provide the service.
- Cremation service for pets is provided through the Addison County Humane Society.
- Take the animal to a rendering company (only for large animals) or a veterinarian.
- Contact your local game warden (for road-killed animals).
- Farmers needing to dispose of large quantities of dead animals should contact the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources at (802) 828-1294 for guidance.
- If none of these options are available, call us at 388-2333 for assistance.
The fee associated with your town drop-off or curbside collection service applies for this item.