Small electronic waste and accessories, including CDs, DVDs, cassettes, and video tapes may be recycled in our electronics recycling program at the District Transfer Station.
Other options include:
- Green Disk, which offers mail-in or pickup options for everything from a CD to a PC.
- CD Recycling Center is another great resource for individuals, small companies and large companies wanting to set up an on-site CD recycling program.
- Back thru the Future offers mail-in cd/dvd & hard drive recycling. Just pay shipping!
Items where ‟or no charge” is indicated may be covered by Vermont E-Waste Law — No charge for households, 501(c)(3) charities, school districts, small businesses (10 or fewer employees) OR 7 or fewer covered items per visit.
- Large items or quantities charged by weight at the discretion of the scalehouse operator: $0.23 per lb.
- Computers, whole systems (includes everything): $11 each (or no charge)
- Computers, by piece (monitor or CPU or printer): $6 per piece (or no charge)
- Televisions (regular size): $7 each (or no charge)
- Televisions (console size): $15 each (or no charge)
- Desktop Photocopier: $11 per piece
- Small Electronics (Fax, VCR, DVD/CD, Stereo, Telephones, etc.): $2.50 per piece
- Mixed Bag (cords, adapters, CDs, tapes, cassettes, DVDs, chips, cards - grocery bag size): $5 per bag