Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance.
Exercise equipment that is at least 80% meatl may be disposed of as scrap metal at the Transfer Station (metal items larger than one cubic foot or greater than 25 pounds must be separated from the trash per District Ordinance). If it is not made of metal, it may be disposed of as trash. Non-motorized exercise equipment in usable condition may be brought to the Reuse It or Lose It! area at the discretion of District staff.
For items accepted at the discretion of the scalehouse operator
- Per Visit: Dropping off (50 lbs or less) or Just Visiting Admin Fee: $1 per visit
- Household goods weighing more than 50 lbs: $4 each
- Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $126 per ton
- Minimum Fee - Minimum Load Size - ½ ton for MSW only: $63
- Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $7 per load