A to Z Guide: Explosives

Unwanted explosives, fireworks, and flares (including marine or boat flares) are not accepted the District Transfer Station. For information on proper disposal, please contact your local police department. Please do not transport ANY dangerous explosives (such as old dynamite) without first consulting with your local police. If your town is not serviced by a local police department, please contact the Vermont State Police at (802) 878-7111.  For marine flares: please contact the Coast Guard in Burlington (862-0376).