Main content


Disposal Options

Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance

The District Transfer Station’s HazWaste Center accepts lead, including lead paint chips and lead fishing gear, for special recycling as scrap metal. Metal items larger than one cubic foot or greater than 25 pounds must be separated from the trash per District Ordinance.


Hazardous Waste

  • Residential (including all paint): No Charge
  • Business, VSQG (including all paint) Must schedule appointment date/time: Actual Cost + $5 Fee (Under Vermont Paint Law — No charge for architectural paint. The $5-per-visit admin fee will be waived on paint-only loads.)


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.