Polyethylene maple sap tubing is accepted for special recycling by appointment only at the District Transfer Station in Middlebury. Call us at (802) 388-2333 for an appointment. The program is for Addison County residents. If you do not reside in Addison County, please call us at (802) 388-2333. Not sure if your sap line is polyethylene? If a small piece floats in water, it’s polyethylene. View our printable maple tubing recycling guide.
- PVC sap line or pipe
- Teflon-lined sap line
- Drain, sewer, or water service pipe
- Metal/strapping/tension wire
- Leaves, dirt, rocks
What you need to do:
- Cut stiff main line into 3-foot lengths.
- Remove tees, taps & fittings (or pay a fee).
- Coil or bundle tubing for easier transport.
- Make an appointment to drop it off at the ACSWMD Transfer Station by calling (802) 388-2333.
Loads that are extremely dirty or contaminated with unacceptable materials may be rejected.
Call for acceptance guidelines; by appointment only
- $10 per cubic yard