Main content

Maple Tubing

Disposal Options

Polyethylene maple sap tubing is accepted for special recycling by appointment only at the District Transfer Station in Middlebury. Not sure if your sap line is polyethylene? If a small piece floats in water, it’s polyethylene. View our printable maple tubing recycling guide

Not accepted:

  • PVC sap line or pipe
  • Teflon-lined sap line
  • Drain, sewer, or water service pipe
  • Metal/strapping/tension wire
  • Leaves, dirt, rocks

What you need to do:

  • Cut stiff main line into 3-foot lengths.
  • Remove tees, taps & fittings (or pay a fee).
  • Coil or bundle tubing for easier transport.
  • Make an appointment to drop it off at the ACSWMD Transfer Station by calling (802) 388-2333.

Loads that are extremely dirty or contaminated with unacceptable materials may be rejected.


Maple Tubing

Call for acceptance guidelines; by appointment only

  • Loads with fittings removed: No Charge
  • Loads with fittings still attached: $20 per cubic yard


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.