Main content

Medical & Assistive Equipment

Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance

Disposal Options

Usable medical or assistive equipment may be donated or sold. Visit the Vermont Assistive Technology Program (VATP) website for information about the Assistive Technology Exchange. Call VATP at 1-800-750-6355 for more information. Unusable equipment will be accepted as trash or scrap metal (if an item is at least 80% metal) at the District Transfer Station. Metal items larger than one cubic foot or greater than 25 pounds must be separated from the trash per District Ordinance.


Scrap Metal

  • No Charge


  • Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $148 per ton
  • Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $9 per load


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.