This item is banned from disposal in the trash in Vermont and requires special recycling.
Natural wood, including trees, branches, wood chips, lumber, pallets, and brush, that has never been painted, glued, stained, or treated in any way is accepted at the District Transfer Station. Disassembled cable spools (metal removed) or pallets that have no paint, plastic (including remnants of shrinkwrap), or particle board inserts are accepted.
Large branches or logs should be no more than 6" in diameter. Please keep log lengths to a manageable size. Stumps are not accepted.
Plywood, OSB, and particleboard are not considered clean wood.
Residents may check with their town clerk or the local fire warden for restrictions on open burning of wood waste.
Note: Stumps, including those with dirt and stones are accepted at the following locations:
- Markowski Excavating, Inc., 2704 West Creek Road, Florence, VT, (802) 483-6469. Please call Markowski directly to make an appointment to bring materials and for pricing.
- Ranger Asphalt and Concrete Processing LLC, 1607 Mallets Bay, Colchester, VT, (802) 655-3976. Please call Ranger directly to confirm that stumps are accepted and for pricing.
brush, branches; cut into 16-inch logs if greater than 6-inch diameter
- Residential, small car only: $2.50 per load
- Residential, regular pick-up truck or small trailer: $5 per load
- Trucks (larger than pick-up truck), & ALL commercial loads: $50 per ton
- Mulch loading assistance (upon request): $5 per scoop