Main content

Oily Debris

This item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance.

Disposal Options

Rags, absorbent pads, and other materials saturated with oil (including cat litter and Speedi-Dry) are accepted at the HazWaste Center at the District Transfer Station.


Hazardous Waste

  • Residential (including all paint): No Charge
  • Business, VSQG (including all paint) Must schedule appointment date/time: Actual Cost + $5 Fee (Under Vermont Paint Law — No charge for architectural paint. The $5-per-visit admin fee will be waived on paint-only loads.)


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.