Sinks and toilets in good condition may be accepted for reuse at the District's Reuse It or Lose It! program at the discretion of District staff. Stainless steel sinks are generally accepted. Only white ceramic sinks and toilets are accepted (no colored sinks or toilets).
These organizations also accept donations of some fixtures in good condition:
- Architectural Salvage Warehouse , Essex Junction, (802) 879-4221
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Williston, (802) 857-5296
- ReSource Building Materials Center, Burlington, (802) 846-4015
Unusable ceramic fixtures may be accepted to be crushed and recycled as road base at Ranger Asphalt & Concrete Processing, Colchester, (802) 655-2005.
Ceramic sinks, toilets, and plumbing fixtures that cannot be reused or recycled are accepted at the District Transfer Station to be disposed of as trash.
The Reuse It or Lose It! sheds are closed until further notice.
- Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $128 per ton
- Minimum Fee - Minimum Load Size - ½ ton for MSW only: $64
- Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $7 per load