Main content

Solar Panel

Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance

Disposal Options

Solar panels are accepted at the District Transfer Station. Drain anti-freeze/glycol, if any, and bring the fluid to the HazWaste Center at the District Transfer Station. If the solar panel or frame is at least 80% metal, it will be recycled as scrap metal. (Metal items larger than one cubic foot or greater than 25 pounds must be separated from the trash per District Ordinance.) Otherwise, it will be disposed of as trash.


Scrap Metal

  • No Charge


  • Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $148 per ton
  • Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $9 per load


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.