Main content

Sterno & Canned Gel Fuel

Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance

Disposal Options

Full or partially full Sterno or gel fuel cans must be taken to the HazWaste Center at the District Transfer Station. Empty cans may be recycled as scrap metal at the District Transfer Station or placed in household trash.


Hazardous Waste

  • Residential (including all paint): No Charge
  • Business, VSQG (including all paint) Must schedule appointment date/time: Actual Cost + $5 Fee (Under Vermont Paint Law — No charge for architectural paint. The $5-per-visit admin fee will be waived on paint-only loads.)


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.