String lights are accepted for special recycling at the District Transfer Station. Light strings with large bulbs (C7, C9) may be recycled in the District’s E-Waste recycling program. Light strings with the smaller "mini" bulbs may be recycled as scrap metal at the District Transfer Station.
Alternatively HolidayLEDS offers a coupon for 15% off their LED Christmas lights when you send in your old Christmas lights. The program is offered year round.
Items where ‟or no charge” is indicated may be covered by Vermont E-Waste Law — No charge for households, 501(c)(3) charities, school districts, small businesses (10 or fewer employees) OR 7 or fewer covered items per visit.
- Large items or quantities charged by weight at the discretion of the scalehouse operator: $0.23 per lb.
- Computers, whole systems (includes everything): $11 each (or no charge)
- Computers, by piece (monitor or CPU or printer): $6 per piece (or no charge)
- Televisions (regular size): $7 each (or no charge)
- Televisions (console size): $15 each (or no charge)
- Desktop Photocopier: $11 per piece
- Small Electronics (Fax, VCR, DVD/CD, Stereo, Telephones, etc.): $2.50 per piece
- Mixed Bag (cords, adapters, CDs, tapes, cassettes, DVDs, chips, cards - grocery bag size): $5 per bag