String lights are accepted for special recycling at the District Transfer Station. Light strings with large bulbs (C7, C9) may be recycled in the District’s E-Waste recycling program. Light strings with the smaller "mini" bulbs may be recycled as scrap metal at the District Transfer Station.
Alternatively HolidayLEDS offers a coupon for 15% off their LED Christmas lights when you send in your old Christmas lights. The program is offered year round.
- No Charge
Items where ‟or no charge” is indicated may be covered by Vermont E-Waste Law — No charge for households, 501(c)(3) charities, school districts, small businesses (10 or fewer employees) OR 7 or fewer covered items per visit.
- Large items or quantities charged by weight at the discretion of the scalehouse operator: $0.23 per lb.
- Computers, whole systems (includes everything): $11 each (or no charge)
- Computers, by piece (monitor or CPU or printer): $6 per piece (or no charge)
- Televisions (regular size): $7 each (or no charge)
- Televisions (console size): $15 each (or no charge)
- Desktop Photocopier: $11 per piece
- Small Electronics (Fax, VCR, DVD/CD, Stereo, Telephones, etc.): $2.50 per piece
- Mixed Bag (cords, adapters, CDs, tapes, cassettes, DVDs, chips, cards - grocery bag size): $5 per bag