There are a number of options to ensure that your unwanted vehicle gets reused or recycle:.
- The Good News Garage accepts donated cars, vans, or trucks, repairs them and gives them to families in need of transportation. Free pick up and towing. Easy online donation or call toll-free 877-GIVE-AUTO (877-448-3288). Vehicle donations may receive a higher tax deduction if used in the program. Call Good News Garage for details.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) – (800) 232-6570. Donations accepted from individuals, companies, municipalities, and whether vehicles run or not. (Free pick-up and towing). ADA also accepts donated boats, truck, vans — even RVs and airplanes!
- Used Parts Dealers – see listings in the Yellow Pages
- Automobile Parts & Supplies – Used & Rebuilt
- Automobile Wrecking
- Wheels for Wishes: Vehicles are accepted whether they run or not (free pick-up and towing). Donated vehicles benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Vermont.
- Cars to Cure Breast Cancer accepts donated vehicles and either recycles or auctions them off. Earned proceeds from the sale of the vehicle benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Scrap metal recyclers, such as Earth Waste Systems and Burnett Scrap Metals, will often purchase cars. Contact these companies for more details.
Fees vary for disposal options; please contact the companies directly for a quote.