The District would like to take a moment to thank Addison County residents and businesses for their efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle this year! Here are just a few of the materials we collected at our District Transfer Station in 2018.
- 95 mercury thermostats recycled
- 15,500 lbs of household batteries recycled
- 6,500 lbs of textiles recycled
- 103,270 lbs of waste paint collected for recycling or proper disposal
- 58,800 lbs of unregulated hazardous waste (other than paint) kept out of the landfill
- 2,717 households brought hazardous waste for proper disposal
- 270,000 lbs of electronic waste recycled
- 161,000 lbs of books recycled
- 10,000 lbs of plastic maple sap collection tubing recycled
- 22,300 lbs of food scraps recycled
Keep up the good work ACSWMD residents!