Main content


Some types of this item cannot go in the trash in District towns per District Ordinance

Disposal Options

Useable furniture in good condition may be accepted at local organizations or thrift stores such as HOPE. Furniture made of at least 80% metal is accepted as scrap metal at the District Transfer Station (metal items larger than one cubic foot or greater than 25 pounds must be separated from the trash per District Ordinance). Furniture made of treated or painted wood or synthetic materials is accepted as trash at the District Transfer Station. Furniture made of untreated, unpainted wood is accepted as clean wood at the District Transfer Station. 


Scrap Metal

  • No Charge


  • Municipal solid waste (MSW), Construction & Demolition Debris: $148 per ton
  • Minimum Fee - 100 lbs. or less - mixed debris: $9 per load


Search the A to Z Guide and find out what to do with hundreds of items.