The ACSWMD Transfer Station at 1223 Rt. 7 South in Middlebury will reopen its special waste programs and HazWaste Center to residential customers beginning Monday, May 18, 2020. The Reuse It or Lose It! sheds will remain closed until further notice.
COVID-19 Precautionary Guidelines for All Visitors
- Do not visit the District Transfer Station if you are sick.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering when visiting for the protection of yourself, other customers, and Transfer Station staff.
- Each visit to the District Transfer Station requires a face-to-face interaction with the Scalehouse Operator. Additionally, ACSWMD anticipates significant wait times, especially on Saturdays. To reduce exposure to our staff, please consolidate wastes and minimize your trips.
- When possible, stay in your vehicle when talking to the Scalehouse Operator.
- If you are instructed to drop off waste in the blue tip building, follow staff’s directions for which bay door to use, and the number of persons allowed at one time. Stay in your vehicle when in line to drop off your waste items.
- All programs will be self-serve only. Staff will not be able to assist with unloading; if necessary, bring someone to assist you.
- Pay with cards/check rather than cash if possible, and follow the Scalehouse Operator’s instructions.
- The Reuse It or Lose It! sheds are closed until further notice. Consider outlets such as Front Porch Forum, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Freecycle, or local thrift stores (call first).
- ACSWMD is offering composting workshops to teach residents how to handle food scraps and leaf and yard waste at home. Learn more.
Questions? Please email info@, search our website for more information or call 802-388-2333. The District office will remain closed while staff works at home. If you need further assistance, your phone call will be directed to the right person. We will be checking our emails and phone messages throughout the day. acswmd.org