Saturday, October 24th marks another push to keep unwanted, unused and expired prescription drugs out of the wrong hands and out of our waterways!
For prescription drugs you need to keep: Lock them up!
- Store your medications in a lock box or locked medicine cabinet.
For prescription drugs you don't use anymore: Take or Mail them back!
- Bring medications to the Middlebury and Bristol Village Police Departments. They accept prescription pills, patches, liquids, aerosols, and have some availability to accept sharps. Please call ahead for more information (the Bristol Police Department specifically requests residents to call ahead before dropping off).
- Request a free, prepaid mail back envelope from the Vermont Department of Health.
- To review what they can accept visit: www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/ADAPMailBackEnvelopes.pdf
- To request an envelope visit: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/1545c40385eb